Friday, June 25, 2010

In Memory of The U.S. Constitution...A Eulogy
























What can I say about the U.S. Constitution that others do not already know. I am not sure I can find the proper words to describe the pain we are all feeling at it's passing.

Our Constitution had an amazing life even though it was rather short. It was the kind of friend that stands by you when you need somebody to be there. So many times in my life it protected me from tyranny, oppression, and corrupt government influence.

I remember once The Constitution shared with me that it's intent was not to define what rights I had as an individual, but was formed by the people of this nation to tell the government it's limitations in our lives. That was the selflessness and Godly inspired message of our Constitution.

What is it that we remember when we think of The Constitution? I think everyone who knew it very well would agree with me on this. The Constitution was by the people and for the people. It was the kind of constitution that would protect every individual's liberty at all costs. That is what I will truly miss about our Constitution. It could always make me feel in control of my own destiny when I feared the possibility of the government taking it away. It always gave me security that if I put forth the effort, I would be rewarded; and those that did not put forth the effort, would not. That was the trademark of Our Constitution. It always promoted equal opportunity to succeed on our own, rather than equal portions to all as deemed necessary by the government.

The Constitution's death was not sudden. It was a long, painful process that; unfortunately, could have been avoided. Many saw the warning signs of the sickness that took Our Constitution, but few wanted to take the extra effort needed to save it. Our Constitution was too young but as it slowly occurred to me I have realized that Our Constitution indeed lived it's life wonderfully. Our Constitution was well-loved and admired for many years, and it was painful to watch it slowly succumb the past century to the cancer of socialized laws which have created a welfare state in which people now feel entitled to whatever lifestyle they choose, compliments of the government; via the few who are still willing to work for a living. Welfare, Social Security, government healthcare. Ultimately, this is what stopped the "free market" heart of Our Constitution and caused it's death.

I will forever be grateful to have known The Constitution, as there has been no document before and will never be another document like it. I will forever be grateful that I was blessed enough to spend 38 years of my life with it. All the memories I have shared will forever be remembered and cherished. It will forever live in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment