Saturday, August 28, 2010

What Must Be Done To Make America Great Again

I just finished watching the "Restore Honor" rally at the Washington Monument, and the message from the rally moved me greatly. First, for those who do not know me, I am a Christian, and believe in the rapture, and of all that is spoken of in the book of Revelation.

I say that because I realized today, that on occasion I have used this belief and knowledge to comfort myself in the fact that the degradation of morals and principles in our nation is all part of God's plan....which, don't get me wrong, I certainly still believe to be true and do take a certain degree of comfort in it. What I realized I must not do in the future, is take such a degree of comfort in it that it weakens my resolve to fight against the immorality and policies which are destroying our great nation, as well as the world.

Today I asked myself, to what point am I serving God and furthering his will if I merely sit back on the sidelines and comfort myself with the knowledge that the Bible foretold this degradation of morals and decency, as well as the coming rapture and judgment. This serves nothing but to calm my own nerves. God did not call Christians to sit in their homes and take comfort that they were Christians. He called on them to go and spread the message and do works that honor him. I know I may sound a bit "preachy," but I am not preaching at anyone (except myself) right now. I am merely sharing with my small group of readers the message I received from the rally today.

There are many things which once made our nation great, and can make our nation great again if we will restore them to the fabric which once clothed our great nation.

#1 God

That's right!! I said it!! Wait, Ron!! You can't say that and be a firm believer in the Constitution. The Constitution says there has to be separation of church and state!

NO IT DOES NOT!! The Constitution states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

There is no "separation of church and state" phrase which exists anywhere in the Constitution. Note that the sentence above places restrictions on the government, not religion. Congress shall make no law to respect (sponsor) establishment of a religion, and they also may not make any law to prohibit the free exercise of one. That's right, folks...every law or policy enacted which tells someone they can't pray somewhere, or take their bible somewhere, or any other ridiculous story we have heard off and on over the last 50 years taking place which serves to take christianity out of the public eye, is unconstitutional!!

If you read further on why the founding fathers placed this within the Constitution, you get a clear picture that it was inserted to prevent any "state sponsored" religion, as they had seen how corrupt that becomes, i.e. Church of England. Yet, we have quietly allowed atheism and political correctness to pervert the true meaning of our Constitution.

This statement from our Constitution has been twisted to the point that it now is commonly believed that any action by any religion (especially christianity) which serves to make anyone feel offended or uncomfortable, must be removed.

Really?! Seriously?! Is that in any way, shape, or form what the Constitution says?? No. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that the Government has the responsibility to see that no American citizen is ever offended.

If we are to become great again, it will be because we; once again, place our trust in God to rule our nation. We will return to the Godly morals and principles that founded our great nation. And, yes, all of you statist history re-writers, our nation was; in fact, founded upon Christian morals. Many historians, by defining "Christianity" and "religion" as one in the same in the writings of our founding fathers, have attempted to display a disdain for Christianity by the them. Nothing could be further from the truth. There is overwhelming documentation from our founding fathers that supports our nation was founded as a Christian nation. Their disdain was rightfully directed at state sponsored religion.

It is every American's free right to worship, or not worship, God as they choose. As a believing Christian, I hope and pray that each would come to believe in and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, but no person or government entity has a right to sponsor or enforce this or any other belief system upon anyone. What is equally important; however, is they also have no right or power to prevent the "free exercise" of it, either.

I will continue with #2 Re-establish America as a Nation of Production, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment