Reaching deep into her liberal bag of tricks, Nancy Pelosi has reverted to the, "Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire" defense. This, my friends, is when you know a liberal is running scared. Just for fun, let's examine the many different responses we have heard from Ms. Pelosi on this CIA interrogation fiasco. First she vehemently denied knowing anything about the CIA's use of enhanced interrogation techniques. Then, when it became clear that she had been briefed on these methods; first, by the CIA in late 2002, and again in early 2003 by one of her aides, she attempted to pull a liberal "jedi mind trick" with an 'I was briefed that a brief took place, but not on what was discussed' defense. When the CIA was able to produce documents which show precisely what was briefed regarding these techniques Ms. Pelosi, now cornered, pulled out the age old, "Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire" liberal smokescreen.
I have learned quite a few things by studying liberals over the past 17 or so years. The main point I have learned is that although they are, in fact, very intelligent for the most part, if you wait them out for a while they will no doubt undo themselves with their greed and/or arrogance. Once they have been exposed, they utilize a very narrow and predictable playbook to rid themselves of whatever the current accusation might be. Below is a brief list of plays you can expect to see:
1. Ignore the story - pretend it is not happening, or deflect like crazy.
2. Find some sort of moral equivalence or a story from 30 years ago saying a Conservative did something sort of similar.
3. Come up with some conspiracy theories. This is usually the most amusing part, reading and hearing all the strange stuff they come up with to explain how someone might have accidentally come to the conclusion they did something wrong.
4. Blame Conservatives for bringing the truth to light. How dare they do that!!!!
5. Concoct strange defenses based on wild psychological discourse, which no one understands, including the writer, but it sounds good, and allows a liberal to confuse a small portion of the population.
6. Whine about the discussion of the topic, proclaiming that it means nothing, and why aren't we talking about X? This is usually the point where Liberals truly understand how bad the issue really is for them, typically when even the NY Times cannot ignore it, so, now they want to have an in-depth discussion on the point of the Iraq War, which you have had 1,000times, but, they strangely have never had.
7. Declare victory! Those dastardly Conservatives have been proven wrong again, and why do you keep asking so many questions?
8. Find a lower ranking liberal in the food chain to be the "fall guy".
It will be interesting to see where this goes in the next few weeks. If the Obama administration persists with the investigations into the interrogation techniques, they will most likely drag down one of the loudest leftists in it. I am guessing that they will choose not to make Pelosi a sacrificial lamb just yet, and will quietly hope the whole mess just goes away. At this pace, the current administration will destroy the Clinton administrations standing record of most scandals in a term. It would be humorous if it were not rapidly eroding our liberty and freedom each day.