Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend...Lest We Forget Their Sacrifice


I am off to celebrate Memorial Day Weekend with friends, but thought I would get one more post in before I go. I am extremely patriotic, in case you didn't already know. I stand up straight when I hear the playing of our National Anthem. I respectfully salute our flag when I am in uniform, and I remove my hat if I am civilian attire. I will also make a scene at public events to the dismay of those who do not respect these respectful traditions. Nothing makes my blood boil quicker than people talking during the National Anthem at a sporting event, and I am more than happy to make them aware of it.



It is what our flag stands for that needs to be remembered, respected, and saluted. Brave men and women throughout our nations history have defined it's meaning, and this is a weekend set aside for honoring their service to our nations freedom. I find that to be one of the most important tasks that we, as Americans must do...simply take time to remember the brave souls who have gone before to fight so that we may remain free to pursue success however we define it...free from the tyranny of foreign oppressors to live our lives how we see fit. Please take time to remember these brave men and women this weekend. I have included a wonderful Memorial Day tribute video I found on Youtube. Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment