Friday, May 1, 2009

THIS LITTLE PIGGY CRIED FOUL!!

Okay, it's Friday...you know, the day everyone is in a good mood because the weekend has arrived. What?? You say you cannot be excited this weekend because of the looming swine flu pandemic that is going to destroy the world?? After all, even our Vice President has stated that he would not ride in any closed in airplane, subway, or any other mass transit device for that matter, and would only seek out open fields to commune and sneeze in. So we should hide in our homes, gripped in fear of the mighty H1N1 which will probably bring about the end of the world, right? I have become ever-increasingly suspect of all the "chicken littles" spreading fear, chief of those the liberal media who has a history of fear-mongering for political gain. I decided to check out a few statistics, in the hope that I might be able to assist in putting people at ease to enjoy the weekend, piggy-flu free.

Did you know that the Center For Disease Control estimates that 36,000 people in the United States die each year from the flu? Now I know you're saying, Ron, that doesn't make us feel any better about our livelihood, but allow me to pontificate a little further please. The number of confirmed deaths from the "swine flu" so far are 7!!! That's right, the media has been reporting this coming armageddon-like pandemic for a couple of weeks now and the death toll is at 7!! I also add the important fact that all deaths have been in Mexico, minus one who was from Mexico, and later transported to Texas. So this begs the question...why is the media over hyping this? Why is the President and Vice President playing this up so much? I don't claim to know for sure, and this may be a stretch of a theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the coming government socialized healthcare plan that Obama will be lobbying for soon. I could be wrong but I know one of the liberals (statists) favorite tactics to enact their flawed programs is through scaring Americans. Even Rahm Emmanuel, President Obama's mafia enforcer has been quoted as saying,

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”

Hmmmm, in my line of work we call that a CLUE. The entertaining thought in this lies with the 7 deaths that have been confirmed, not that they, in themselves are entertaining. What I am saying is all seven deaths were Mexicans, which has a government run healthcare program, probably quite similar to the one Barry is going to lobby for in our land. Certainly I'm not the only one shaking my head about that concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment